lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From shanghaihyj <shanghai...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Any Detailed Explanation Available for TermsHashPerField class internals ?
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 17:09:58 GMT
Thank you.

I read and got to understand ByteBlockPool.
A chain of slices can sit on a byte block, with these slices linked by forward addresses.
This suggests that multiple logical chains of slices can co-exist on the same byte block,
with their slices interleaving on the byte block.

In which scenario can such multiple chains of slices on the same byte block happen, which
is the purpose to invent ByteBlockPool ?
I do not know such a use case yet.