lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Ankit.Mura...@ril.com>
Subject Selective Output fields in Search Result. Lucene 5.5.0
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 12:39:26 GMT
Hello,

I am storing close to 100 fields in a single document which is being indexed. There are million
such documents. Lucene version is 5.5.0

During search, I wish to get only 1 field out of these 100 fields as a result. The conventional
approach is to get the required hits and get the selected field by iterating over each Document.

Problem with conventional approach is, the document so retrieved contains all the fields bloating
my memory. (i.e. I get 100 fields in each document whereas I should get only 1 field to save
on resource and memory)

I would like to have only 1 particular field in the output document.

Is there any approach for this ? I have looked into the api docs and stuff but could not find
anything related to this.

Appreciate your guidance. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ankit
"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient(s).
are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby
notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this
message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately
by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses
are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this
email or attachment."