lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Merge deletes files for ongoing search...
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 06:02:32 GMT
Sometimes during an ongoing search we receive an IndexReaderClosedException
& found that it happens when a merge is completed.

We are on an older version of lucene (4.6.1).

IndexFileDeleter (KeepOnlyLastCommitDeletionPolicy) deletes the file after
the merge completes but we have an open IndexSearcher at that time.  We
verified that IndexReader has refCount > 0 but IFD blindly issues a delete.
Anything we are doing wrong?

Any help is much appreciated

--
Ravi

*stackTraceStr:org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: this
IndexReader cannot be used anymore as one of its child readers was closed*
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.ensureOpen(IndexReader.java:257)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.FilterAtomicReader.fields(FilterAtomicReader.java:380)
at
org.apache.blur.index.ExitableReader$ExitableFilterAtomicReader.fields(ExitableReader.java:81)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.TermCollectingRewrite.collectTerms(TermCollectingRewrite.java:52)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreAutoRewrite.rewrite(ConstantScoreAutoRewrite.java:95)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery$ConstantScoreAutoRewrite.rewrite(MultiTermQuery.java:220)
at org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery.rewrite(MultiTermQuery.java:288)
at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.rewrite(BooleanQuery.java:412)