lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Friesen <rej...@gmail.com>
Subject Sorting IndexSearcher results by LongPoint with 6.0
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 21:53:56 GMT
I'm attempting to upgrade my project to Lucene 6.0, and have run into an
issue with sorting my results. My documents have a timestamp field that was
previously a StoredField with NumericType: Long. I've converted it to a
LongPoint, which seems to work fine for range queries.

My problem is that trying to sort search results with a SortField of type
Long now doesn't seem to work with a LongPoint field. I get an
IllegalStateException "unexpected docvalues type NONE for field 'timestamp'
(expected=NUMERIC). Use UninvertingReader or index with docvalues."

I'm guessing the sorter hasn't been updated to work with PointValues yet,
but I just wanted to check with the mailing list to see if anyone else has
found a way to do results sorting under 6.0.