lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Uwe Schindler <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: Sorting IndexSearcher results by LongPoint with 6.0
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 22:43:39 GMT
Hi,

Sorting does not work on indexed fields anymore (since Lucene 5), unless you use UninvertingReader.
Point values don't work with that because they cannot be uninverted.

For sorting it's the same rule for all field types: enable DocValues! You just have to add
another field instance with same name using doc values (some numeric type).

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, 28213 Bremen