lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Ankit.Mura...@ril.com>
Subject Merging Facets Index present in 2 directories in 3rd directory
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 14:38:00 GMT
Hi,

I am using DirectoryTaxonomyWriter to create facet Indexes. There is 2 process. Process A
creates facet indexes in Folder A. Process B creates facet indexes in Folder B.

I have a 3rd Process (Merger process), which needs to merge Folder A Facet and Folder B Facet
in Folder C. This activity will keep on going at pre-defined intervals.

Till now, what I have done is this but I am not sure if it's right.

DirectoryTaxonomyWriter taxonomyWriter = new DirectoryTaxonomyWriter(taxoDir, OpenMode.CREATE_OR_APPEND);

Directory directory1 = FSDirectory.open(new File("D:\\FolderA\\").toPath());
Directory directory2 = FSDirectory.open(new File("D:\\FolderB\\").toPath());

OrdinalMap map = new DirectoryTaxonomyWriter.MemoryOrdinalMap();
taxonomyWriter.addTaxonomy(directory1,map);
taxonomyWriter.addTaxonomy(directory2,map);

Is this the right approach? I am also merging the Normal Indexing Folder of Process A and
Process B as well although not depicted above by using addIndexes method of IndexWriter class
and it works perfectly.

What I am interested to  know -> is the above code to merge Facet Indexes correct?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ankit Murarka
"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient(s).
are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby
notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this
message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately
by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses
are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this
email or attachment."