lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lukes <mail2lok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Questions
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 18:51:06 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

  Is there a way to partially update the document ? I know there's a API
updateDocument on IndexWriter, but that seems to create a new document with
just a field i am specifying. What i want is delete some fields from
existing(indexed) document, and then add some new fields(could or not be
same). Alternatively i tried to search for the document, and then calling
removeFields and finally updateDocument, but now any search after the above
process is not able for find that document(I created the new IndexReader).
Am i missing anything ?

Regards.