lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aravinth T <aravinth.thangas...@zohocorp.com>
Subject Re: Why we need org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 16:03:01 GMT
I understand that, my question is different why we are loading it with SPI,

why we explicitly controlling the loading of Codecs

---- On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 20:39:46 +0530 Greg Bowyer &lt;gbowyer@fastmail.co.uk&gt;wrote
----

Codecs are loaded with the java service loader interface. That file is

the hook used to tell the service loader that this jar implements Codec.

Lucene internally calls service loader and asks what codecs are there.