lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cristian Lorenzetto <cristian.lorenze...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docid is just a signed int32
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2016 00:28:39 GMT
For my opinion this study dont tell any thing more than before. Obviously if you try to retrieve
all data store in a single query the performance will be not good. Lucene is fantastic But
no magic. The physic laws continue to work also with lucene. The query is designed for retrieving
a small part of a big store, not All The store. In addition i think The time would be worst
also if you dont sort documents. Using a sorted linked list persisted i dont see relevant
delays . Syncerely i dont understand also gc memory limit with lucene algorithm. The size
of memory used is not proporzional to the datastore size, else lucene will be not scalable.
The problem to analize for me is another : considering The trend of big data to encrease in
The last years , considering The classical max size of a database among those we know, considering
The possibility or not to scale up sharding in lucene in arrays defined dinamically or not
, we can evaluate if this refactoring has sense or not.

Inviato da iPad