lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Janaka Thilakarathna <bjchathura...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Lucene's Multi Dimensional Space Search for Air traffic handling.
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:29:30 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am from University of Moratuwa. I have a quite understanding in Lucene's
Text Search, Geo3DPoint
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_0_0/spatial3d/org/apache/lucene/spatial3d/Geo3DPoint.html#newShapeQuery-java.lang.String-org.apache.lucene.spatial3d.geom.GeoShape->,
LatLonPoint
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_0_0/sandbox/org/apache/lucene/document/LatLonPoint.html#newPolygonQuery-java.lang.String-double:A-double:A->
but I have never used Lucene for multi dimentional space search.

The idea is to use multi dimensional space search on 4 dimensional space(3
physical dimensions and time as another dimension) to calculate results for
following queries.

   - minimum distance between two air-planes
   - whether air planes goes through and interesting area. (For a example:
   A forbidden air space)

Paths of air-planes can be represented by arrays of 4D points.
(time,x,y,z). In other words I have different x,y,z coordinates for
different time values. My idea is to index these points and query for above
results.

Since there is no much tutorials on this new feature on Lucene 6, I am
quite confused where to start the project. I am really glad if someone can
help me with this.

I just want to know whether I can use Lucene for this use-case. Further if
you can point me out a place to start developing, it will be really help
full.

Thank you!

Regards

--
*Janaka Chathuranga Thilakarathna*
Undergraduate at Computer Science and Engineering Department,

mobile :(+94)* 713315725 **| *email :  *janaka.13@cse.mrt.ac.lk*
<janaka.13@cse.mrt.ac.lk>*, bjchathuranga@gmail.com
<bjchathuranga@gmail.com>*
skype  : *janaka.chathurangat* |  website : janakact.wordpress.com

my public profiles :  [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/bjchathuranga> [image: LinkedIn]
<http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/janaka-chathuranga-thilakarathna/78/2a8/807/>