lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject Dubious error message?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 03:20:17 GMT
Trying to add a document, someone saw:

    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document contains at least one
immense term in field="bcc-address" (whose UTF8 encoding is longer
than the max length 32766), all of which were skipped.  Please correct
the analyzer to not produce such terms.  The prefix of the first
immense term is: '[00, --omitted--]...', original message: bytes can
be at most 32766 in length; got 115597

Question 1: It says the bytes are being skipped, but to me "skipped"
means it's just going to continue, yet I get this exception. Is that
intentional?

Question 2: Can we turn this check off?

Question 2.1: Why limit in the first place? Every time I have ever
seen someone introduce a limit, it has only been a matter of time
until someone hits it, no matter how improbable it seemed when it was
put in.

TX