lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject Re: MultiFields#getTerms docs clarification
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2016 06:46:59 GMT
On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:51 PM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> Getting an empty BytesRef back from Terms.getMin() means Lucene thinks you
> indexed an empty (zero length) token.  Lucene (unfortunately) allows this.
> Is it possible you did that?
>
> If not, can you make a test case showing this?

I have no idea how they got it to happen either. I'm hoping a
reproduction will be provided so that I can figure out how it could
have happened and then hopefully be able to make a test case.

The field is some kind of numeric field, so it *should* have either
been absent or contained a number. But maybe there was some past bug
where it really was an empty string.

TX