lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject MultiFields#getTerms docs clarification
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 23:43:08 GMT
Hi all.

The docs on MultiFields#getTerms state:

> This method may return null if the field does not exist.

Does this mean:

  (a) The method *will* return null if the field does not exist.

  (b) The method will *not necessarily* return null if the field does not exist.

I think we've seen a situation where it somehow returned non-null, but
them Terms#getMin() returned an empty BytesRef, as if we had asked for
an absent value. I would expect getMin() not to count absent values as
the minimum, only because if that were the case, I would have
reproduced the same error during development.

TX