lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Glesner <jer...@bericotechnologies.com>
Subject Text field matching
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:42:15 GMT
Good day,

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around one of the fundamental aspects of
Lucene ... whether or not I need to index the document a certain way in
order to query it the way I want.  I'm inserting documents using a
Whitespace Tokenizer to process content into a Lucene 5.4.1 index.  Here's
what I want to do:

I have a single fuzzy term, such as "bostn~", and I want to query a text
field. Using a AnalyzingQueryParser, each of the tokens that comprise this
text field are individually matched against "bostn~".  Instead, I want a
query that treats the text field as a single string, not separate tokens
that are each compared to "bostn~".

Is there a way (Query type?) to achieve this, without having to change my
indexing technique?

I greatly appreciate your time,

Jeremy