lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kumaran Ramasubramanian <kums....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: parent-child relationship in lucene - to avoid reindexing if parent information changes
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 16:57:38 GMT
Hi Ralph

        Thank you for the response.. yes, It is one of the work-around..
While searching, what you have suggested is costly and also it takes more
time if number of groups is more (we can use query time join?? )..

Also, my second problem remains same.( adding a member to a group ).
Because, i want to make all existing messages in a group as visible to any
new member... so i need to reindex all messages with that newly added
member id..

Is index time join (for second case ) or query time join ( for first case )
can be best fit?

--
Kumaran R