lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to introduce a evaluator for comparing not only document with fixed values
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 13:09:17 GMT
Lucene cannot run such a query without doing a linear scan over all
documents in order to compare the values of both fields, this is why we do
not have a query for it. The recommended approach in such cases is to index
a third field where the difference between value1 and value2 is computed at
index time.