lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: encoding in byteref?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:49:12 GMT
It would make little sense to use points for a boolean field in the 1D case
since there are only two possible values, postings would likely be faster
and use less disk space thanks to their skipping capabilities and better
doc ID compression. Even with multiple dimensions, postings might still be
a better option eg. with 3 dims of boolean fields, there are only 8
possible combinations.