lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kumaran Ramasubramanian <kums....@gmail.com>
Subject Clarification on LUCENE 4795 discussions ( Add FacetsCollector based on SortedSetDocValues )
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:24:55 GMT
​

​Hi All,​

​i want to know the list of features ​which can be used by applications
using facet module of lucene.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4795?focusedCommentId=13599687

I ask because it seems that the only thing that we get from this SortedSet
> approach is not having to maintain a sidecar index (which for some reason
> freaks everybody), and we even lose performance. Plus, I don't see how we
> can support other facet features with it.

on the other hand SortedSet doesn't have these problems. maybe it doesnt
> support weighted facets or other features, but its a nice option. I
> personally don't think its the end of the world if Mike's patch doesnt
> support all the features of the faceting module initially or even ever.

what
​ ​is meant by
weighted facets
​? what are ​