lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject What does "found existing value for PerFieldPostingsFormat.format" mean?
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 22:43:28 GMT
Hi all.

Does anyone know what this error message means?

    found existing value for PerFieldPostingsFormat.format,
field=path-position, old=Lucene50, new=Lucene50
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: found existing value for
PerFieldPostingsFormat.format, field=path-position, old=Lucene50,
new=Lucene50
        at org.apache.lucene.codecs.perfield.PerFieldPostingsFormat$FieldsWriter.write(PerFieldPostingsFormat.java:170)
        at org.apache.lucene.codecs.FieldsConsumer.merge(FieldsConsumer.java:105)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTerms(SegmentMerger.java:193)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:95)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addIndexes(IndexWriter.java:2629)

We're doing fancy migrations which perform index changes by overriding
FilterCodecReader and copying into a new index, but in this particular
case the migration is only *deleting* values from the index, so it
seems odd that I'd get this particular error.

TX