lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wilkowski ...@silenteight.com>
Subject FuzzyQuery on entire set of terms
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 18:45:43 GMT
Hi,
I need to implement a function that performs fuzzy search on multiple terms
in the way that a summarized distance 2 from ALL terms is allowed. For
example query:

Lucene Apache Group

with maximum distance 2 should match:

Luceni Apachi Group
Lucen Apache Group
Luce Apache Group

but not:

Lucen Apach Grou

I know that I can achieve it using multiple FuzzyQueries nested with
BooleanQueries, but in case of more terms (>5) and distance of 2 there
could be many many combinations and I am afraid of performance.

Perhaps there is a better solution that someone may recommend?

Regards,
Michael