lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Can ByteBufferIndexInput use buffering?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 07:25:56 GMT
When we use NIOFSDirectory, lucene internally uses buffering via
BufferedIndexInput (1KB etc...) while reading from the file..

However, for MmapDirectory (ByteBufferIndexInput) there is no such
buffering & data is read from the mapped bytes directly...

Will it be too much of a performance drag if I wrap ByteBufferIndexInput
with a BufferedIndex? I mean like, is it an anti-pattern of zero-copy reads
etc...

Any help is much appreciated

--
Ravi