lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How exclude empty fields?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 15:02:13 GMT
Hi,

Match all docs query minus Promotion.endDate:[* TO *]
+*:* -Promotion.endDate:[* TO *]

Ahmet

On Friday, November 11, 2016 5:59 PM, voidmind <voidmind@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have indexed content about Promotions with effectiveDate and endDate
fields for when the promotions start and end.

I want to query for expired promotions so I do have this criteria, which
works fine:

+Promotion.endDate:[20000101000000TOvariable containing yesterday's date]

The issue I have is that some promotions are permanent so they don't have
an endDate set.

I tried doing:

( +Promotion.endDate:[20000101000000TOvariable containing yesterday's date]
|| -Promotion.endDate:* )

But it doesn't seem to work because the promotions with no endDate are in
my results (empty endDate fields are not indexed apparently)

How would I exclude content that doesn't have an endDate set?

Thanks,
Alexandre Leduc