lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chitra R <chithu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Faceting : what are the limitations of Taxonomy (Separate index and hierarchical facets) and SortedSetDocValuesFacetField ( flat facets and no sidecar index) ?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:21:00 GMT
Hi Shai,

        i)Hope, when opening SortedSetDocValuesReaderState , we are
calculating ordinals( this will be used to calculate facet count ) for doc
values field and this only made the state instance somewhat costly.
                      Am I right or any other reason behind that?

         ii) During indexing, we are providing facet ordinals in each doc
and I think it will be useful in search side, to calculate facet counts
only for matching docs.  otherwise, it carries any other benefits?

         iii) Is SortedSetDocValuesReaderState thread-safe (ie) multiple
threads can call this method concurrently?

Kindly post your suggestions.

Thanks,

Chitra