lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: StartsWith on DrillDown?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 10:23:18 GMT
The idea w/ drill down is you are running a "base query" (what the
user actually searched for, originally) and then, if the user has
clicked to drill down on any facet labels, you are also adding
drill-down queries.

You pass the "base query" to the DrillDownQuery constructor.

And, normally, to add drill-down queries, you would use the add method
that takes only strings, when the user clicked on a dimension + label.

The add method that takes a custom drill-down query is for more
advanced use cases, where you are able to create your own query that
accomplishes the same thing as drilling down by a label; e.g., for
numeric range facets, you would use this method to pass a numeric
range filter down.

Have you seen the demo facet examples, e.g.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/lucene/demo/src/java/org/apache/lucene/demo/facet/SimpleSortedSetFacetsExample.java
?

Are you using SSDV facets or taxonomy facets?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com