lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Compound File Format overhead?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:25:10 GMT
There is no search-time overhead if you use MMapDirectory.

At index-time there is a small cost, since after flushing or merging a new
segment, we must read all bytes and write to the CFS, but that should be
low cost since typically the OS will have those bytes "hot".

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com