lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Audenaerde <rob.audenae...@gmail.com>
Subject Autocomplete using facet labels?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 13:33:35 GMT
I have a Lucene (6.4.2) index with about 2-5M documents, and each document
has about 10 facets (for example 'author', 'publisher', etc). The facets
might have up to 100.000 different values.

I have a search bar on top of my application, and would like to implement
autocomplete using the facets. For example, when the user enters 'Jo' I
would like the options to be:

'John Doe - Author'
'Jonatan Driver - Publisher'
'Joan Deville - Author'

My facets are structured using the FacetFields and Lucene Taxonomy, like
this:

'Author / John Doe'
'Author / Joan Deville'

Are there built-in options to create such an autocomplete? Or do I have to
build it myself?

I prefer not to do a search on all the matching documents and collect
facets for those, because that is not very fast

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Rob Audenaerde

See also: