lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Edoardo Causarano <edoardo.causar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question over TokenFilters
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:55:10 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your reply. In several other implementations I’ve seen this pattern of using
a while(input.incrementToken()) within the filter’s incrementToken method. Is this approach
recommended or are there hidden traps (eg: memory consumption, dependency on filter ordering
and so on)

Best,
Edoardo

> On 21 Apr 2017, at 17:32, Ahmet Arslan <iorixxx@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> LimitTokenCountFilter is used to index first n tokens. May be it can inspire you.
>
> Ahmet
> On Friday, April 21, 2017, 6:20:11 PM GMT+3, Edoardo Causarano <edoardo.causarano@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I’m relatively new to Lucene, so I have a couple questions about writing custom filters.
>
> The way I understand it, one would extend org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenFilter and
override #incrementToken to examine the current token provided by a stream token producer.

> I’d like to write some logic that considers the last n seen tokens therefore I need
to access this context as the filter chain is scanning the stream.

> Can anyone point to an example of such a construct?
>
> Also, how would I access and update this context keeping multithreading in mind? Actually,
what is the treading model of a TokenStream, can anyone point out a good summary for it?