lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: lucene Input and Output format
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 18:49:41 GMT
Hi,

There is no such class in Lucene, it's part of your code or some other software that just
uses Lucene. Just to give you a hint: Lucene is just the library that can take plain text
from a java Reader and index it by tokenizing and normalizing the tokens. It cannot read any
special file formats. You just give it text and it indexes it. If you want to index files
form your harddisk (e.g. word documents) you have to write your own code that extracts the
text from the files and sends it to the indexer. There are tools out there (e.g., Solr or
Elasticsearch) that can help with that. The class names you sent us do not ring any bells
on my side, it might be some small project or home-grown software in your company.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen