lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tod Olson <...@uchicago.edu>
Subject How to limit SimpleCollector at N documents?
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:02 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm modifying an existing application, which uses a Lucene SimpleCollector to return document
ids and some other fields from a search. For various reasons, we now want to place an upper
bound on the number of documents actually collected.

Is there a reasonable way to put a limit on the results returned by a SimpleCollector? Or
do I need to change Collectors?

Based on the docs, I could keep a counter and raise a CollectionTerminatedException after
N documents, but then the search moves on to the next leaf. I'd like to have the entire search
terminate and return the collected documents.

Any assistance for a Lucene novice is greatly appreciated!

-Tod

Tod Olson <tod@uchicago.edu<mailto:tod@uchicago.edu>>
Systems Librarian
Interim Director for Integrated Library Systems
University of Chicago Library