lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Hirschfeld <tomhirschf...@gmail.com>
Subject Spatial Indexing of Polygons
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 18:27:20 GMT
Hey,
Is there a way to spatially index polygons that takes advantage of the new
BKD tree functionality? I was looking into the spatial3D api and it appears
that there may be some ability to do this (storing multiple points under
same geo3dpoint field) but it doesn't seem to be well documented if it
exists. Is there a recommended way to support indexing and searching of
polygons (building footprint sized polygons, not huge ones)? If so what is
the currently recommended API to use? We are currently thinking about using
the s2cell library from google.
Best,
Tom Hirschfeld