lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vjeran Marcinko <vmarci...@gmail.com>
Subject How to load all document fields, together with facet fields?
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 17:29:28 GMT
I zeroed in the problem with my updating documents having facet
fields... What I need is a way to load document with all fields that
existing when I was saving the document, meaning, together with facet
fields.

Anyway, here's the example.

When I add my document to index, my document is having 3 fields:
"name", "category" and 3rd field is SortedSetDocValueFacetField named
also "category". This is the list of fields printed:

name = firstDoc (stored,indexed,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS)
category = cars (stored,indexed,tokenized)
dummy = null (indexed,tokenized)

And before adding to index I build the final document via
facetConfig.build(doc)  which produces following fields:

facet_category = null (docValuesType=SORTED_SET)
facet_category = category cars (indexed,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS)
facet_category = category (indexed,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS)
name = firstDoc (stored,indexed,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS)
category = cars (stored,indexed,tokenized)

But, when I load the document plainly using IndexSearcher, I get following:

name = firstDoc (stored,indexed,tokenized,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS)
category = cars (stored,indexed,tokenized)

Which is not good if I want to update the document, because there are
no facet fields anymore here, so when I update it, these fields get
lost, so my faceted searching afterwards don't work :(

Any suggestion?

-Vjeran