lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jigar Shah <jigaronl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SearcherTaxonomyManager Refreshing
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:11:02 GMT
Looks like your approach to manage main index and taxonomy index is risky.

Main index keeps ordinals of taxonomy index. if you replace directories
then taxo reader might have ordinals off-sync from main index.

One fact about taxonomy index is on deletes or cleanup of main index,
dosen't affect taxonomy index it just keeps building. So swapping taxonomy
index is not a good idea in general.