lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Gindin <vgin...@detectum.com>
Subject COST vs SCORE vs WEIGHT
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 15:38:55 GMT
Hi

1) What is the principal difference between COST vs SCORE vs WEIGHT

2) Assume we have BooleanQuery with 5 TermQuery subqueries that are
included via SHOULD condition. Assume we have 5 fields and one subquery is
need to search in one field. Some product of MultiFieldQueryParser. In this
case the score of BooleanQuery is the sum of scores of each subquery. I
expected that not all subqueries will be included but only those who
founded something, but in fact there is a sum of all subqueries. Why? How
to implement need logic: sum of those subqueries that found something? How
to check that?

Regards,
Vadim Gindin