lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From alex stark <alex.st...@zoho.com>
Subject RE: Legacy filter strategy in Lucene 6.0
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 03:13:14 GMT
Thanks Uwe, I think you are recommending IndexOrDocValuesQuery/DocValuesRangeQuery, and the
articles by Adrien,  https://www.elastic.co/blog/better-query-planning-for-range-queries-in-elasticsearch
It looks promising for my requirement, I will try on that. ---- On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 16:04:27
+0800 Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote ---- Hi, IMHO: I'd split the whole code
into a BooleanQuery with two filter clauses. The reverse index based condition (term condition,
e.g., TermInSetQuery) gets added as a Occur.FILTER and the DocValues condition is a separate
Occur.FILTER. If Lucene executes such a query, it would use the more specific condition (based
on cost) to lead the execution, which should be the terms condition. The docvalues condition
is then only checked for matches of the first. But you can still go and implement the two-phase
iterator, but I'd not do that. Uwe ----- Uwe Schindler Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen http://www.thetaphi.de