lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running query against a single document
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:56:19 GMT
bq. We would like to know if there is a way to test a query against a document
without creating an index. We were thinking that maybe we could use lucene
highlighter component
to achieve this,

I don't really understand this at all. How are you using the
highlighter component without creating an index? Custom code?

But that aside, there are dozens, if not hundreds of examples of this
in the Solr test code. You could write a Solr junit test, which
is "just some Java code" and run that.

To execute this within the test framework, you have two options:
1> from the top level "ant -Dtestcase=custom_test test", which takes a
long time to run
2> from solr/core "ant -Dtestcase=custom_test test-nocompile". You
have to have compiled your code of course for this to work.

BTW, if you skip all that and just use a Solr instance, one very
useful trick is to use &debug=true&debug.explainOther
(https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/common-query-parameters.html).
That will show you exactly how the doc was
scored _whether or not_ it would have been returned by the primary query.

Best,
Erick