lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject How can I decode geo point postings?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 04:15:18 GMT
Hi all.

I'm attempting to migrate from GeoPointField to LatLonPoint so that we
might have a hope in updating to Lucene 7. The first hurdle I'm
hitting is while writing the migration code.

I inserted a single document with one geo point in it on Lucene 6.6,
and when I iterate the postings, I see the following binary terms:

    [37 80 0 0 a]
    [37 ac 80 0 13]
    [37 ac 98 0 1c]

1) The existence of three terms is presumably something to do with
multiple precision. Is there a safe way to figure out which value I
want? e.g., is 0x1C always the value that I want?

2) When I figure out which value I want, where should I be looking for
the logic to get out the latitude and longitude?

Once I have the latitude and longitude from the old data, it seems
like a relatively simple task to get it back into the points field.

TX