lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@gmail.com>
Subject position-anchored queries
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 12:21:47 GMT
Hi, if I want to write a begins-with, ends-with, or exact-match style
query; like a phrase query, but anchored to the beginning of a field, the
end, or both, is there a generally-accepted best way? I can see how to
maybe create a positional query that specifies the exact position for each
term (at least in theory -- I'm not sure if there is a Query that does
this?) but do we keep track of max(position, field, doc) so I can know that
there are not any subsequent terms in the field?

-Mike