lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <dceccarel...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: About custom score using Solr8/Lucene8
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 11:29:29 GMT
why would you need to reindex all the users documents everynight? is the score affected by
the number of documents per user?

Also for scores, you might be able to use in-place updates:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/updating-parts-of-documents.html#UpdatingPartsofDocuments-In-PlaceUpdates

so no need to reindex all the document.

From: java-user@lucene.apache.org At: 05/09/19 11:07:37To:  Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON
) ,  java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: About custom score using Solr8/Lucene8

Well,

my index is basically a list of documents of users. so i could say i got a
couple of millions of documents per user.

I need to produce a score that is unrelated with search term (something like
“give me documents that are the most important to user”). I would
search for documents of a user without specifying a particular term. Documents
that are the most important for a user are calculated with strategy based
on particular text analysis (we still do not have a strategy).

I evaluated the idea of storing a score for each document based on an external
scoring strategy (a job that reindex each user’s document every night?), but
i do not know how could scale up (more user with many documents could make this
strategy problematic in the long time), so the idea was to be able
to calculate this scoring (or other scoring strategy) trying to follow some
best-practice (and as i can see using CustomScoreQuery is the most preferred
way)

I was not able to try a solution because of Lucene8 missing CustomScoreQuery.
I made something very basic using ValueSourceParser (but is this a good
practice?)

<dceccarelli4@bloomberg.net> ha scritto:

> Hi Federico,
>
> Could you give more details on what is the score that you want to produce?
how big is the collection?

java-user@lucene.apache.org