lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Federico Pici <akira...@libero.it.INVALID>
Subject Re: About custom score using Solr8/Lucene8
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 10:07:17 GMT
Well,

my index is basically a list of documents of users. so i could say i got a couple of millions
of documents per user.

I need to produce a score that is unrelated with search term (something like “give me documents
that are the most important to user”). I would
search for documents of a user without specifying a particular term. Documents that are the
most important for a user are calculated with strategy based
on particular text analysis (we still do not have a strategy).

I evaluated the idea of storing a score for each document based on an external scoring strategy
(a job that reindex each user’s document every night?), but
i do not know how could scale up (more user with many documents could make this strategy problematic
in the long time), so the idea was to be able
to calculate this scoring (or other scoring strategy) trying to follow some best-practice
(and as i can see using CustomScoreQuery is the most preferred way)

I was not able to try a solution because of Lucene8 missing CustomScoreQuery.
I made something very basic using ValueSourceParser (but is this a good practice?)