lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From hariram ravichandran <hariramravichan...@gmail.com>
Subject Unsupported queries in Lucene XML CoreParser
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 14:17:10 GMT
We are using Lucene 4.10.4

We parse query in one server and search happens in other servers(RMI call).
Since the lucene query
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_10_4/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Query.html>
 object
is not serializable, we try to use XML Query Parser
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_10_4/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/xml/CoreParser.html#getQuery(org.w3c.dom.Element)>.
But CoreParser does not have support for phrasequery, fuzzyquery,
prefixquery. We have implemented QueryBuilder support for those queries.
But why those queries are not supported by CoreParser? Will those queries
cause any problems if converted into XML and back to query object.

And is there any other approach to transfer query objects between servers?

Thanks in advance.
Hariram