lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@gmail.com>
Subject JapaneseAnalyzer's system vs user dict
Date Sat, 25 May 2019 19:03:03 GMT
I'm trying to understand the relationship between the system and user
dictionaries that JapaneseAnalyzer uses. The API allows a user to
provide a user dictionary; the system one is built in. Are they
otherwise the same kind of thing? If I provide entries in the user
dictionary is it just as if I had included them in the system
dictionary? If the same entry occurs in both, do the user dictionary
weights supersede those in the system dictionary? Is there some way to
suppress entries in the system dict?  I hunted for documentation, but
didn't find answers to these questions, and the code is pretty
involved, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike