lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Turnbull <dturnb...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch Query Relevancy
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 17:31:42 GMT
Hi Alica,

You might want to ask your question at the Elasticsearch mailing list (
http://discuss.elastic.co) or at Magento's (https://community.magento.com/).
Because Lucene is really just a library, with an very open-ended way of
doing document scoring that could mix in any number of ways of doing
ranking (text scoring, numerical attributes, etc). It will depend on how
Elasticsearch is using Lucene, and probably more importantly, how Magento
is configured to use Elasticsearch

More concretely, a set of articles to get you started:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/relevance-intro.html
My book "Relevant Search" (happy to give you a discount code if you email
me directly)

But I suspect you probably want to configure things at a higher level than
all of this...

Hope that's helpful!
-Doug

--
*Doug Turnbull **| CTO* | OpenSource Connections
<http://opensourceconnections.com>, LLC | 240.476.9983
Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless
of whether attachments are marked as such.