lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alicia Watkinson <Alicia.Watkin...@kathmandu.co.nz>
Subject ElasticSearch Query Relevancy
Date Mon, 27 May 2019 00:43:45 GMT
Hello,

We have recently configured Magento 2 with ElasticSuite, however our search logic does not
match expected behaviour.

After reading through countless documents, I have been unable to find any answers as to the
logic behind search result relevancy, or how a search query is matched and ranked against
the Index.

I found a document that stated that ElasticSearch uses Lucene to perfom its scoring logic.

We are extremely keen on fixing currently search logic! Are you able to please provide me
with any CLEAR documentation on how search querys are match against the index and then scored?
Is this via attributes? Or on page text?

If you could please get back to me as a matter of high importance that would be great.

Kindest,

Alicia

________________________________

in error please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. If you are not the
named addressee you are notified that; disclosing, disseminating, distributing or copying
this transmission or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this information, is
strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Kathmandu Holdings Limited or it's subsidiaries ("Kathmandu"). Employees
of Kathmandu are expressly required not to make inappropriate or defamatory statements and;
not to infringe copyright or any other legal right via email communications. Any such communication
is contrary to company policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned.
Kathmandu shall not accept liability in respect to any unauthorised transmission by an employee
who shall remain personally responsible.

The company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email,
the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this
email or attachments.The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.