lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From baris.ka...@oracle.com
Subject Re: StanardFilter Question : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8356
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2019 21:01:57 GMT
Hi,-

  do You mean there is a backward compatibility factory in Lucene for
these kinds of cases?

i think it can be fixed like this,  In other words is the following
first line redundant then?

TokenStream filter = new StandardFilter(tokenizer); -> redundant
(tokenizer is actually a StandardTokenizer object).
filter = new ElisionFilter(filter, getDefaultArticles());-> tokenizer
can be directly used here

filter = new LowerCaseFilter(filter);

->

TokenStream filter = new ElisionFilter(filter, getDefaultArticles());

filter = new LowerCaseFilter(filter);

I also saw that some public fields have now different return type like
org.apache.lucene.search.TopDocs.totalHits field which is long type now.

this affects my rest of the code very much but luckliy there is
Math.toIntExact which throws ArithmeticException when number is really
long number outside integer limit.

In my case i will not exceed integer limit anyways.

Best regards