lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Riccardo Tasso <riccardo.ta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IntField to IntPoint
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2019 08:40:18 GMT
Thanks Erik for your answer.

Unfortunately I should migrate the index for time reasons. Maybe in a
second moment we will have the opportunity to reindex.

Our use case is to classify documents in the index with lucene queries,
hence we're not really interested in ranking or sorting (which could be
relevant for the "norms case"). Do you think that migrating and reindexing
only the numeric fields could compromise the results returned by any query
(term, boolean, range, phrase, prefix)?