lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Davis <johndavis925...@gmail.com>
Subject docValues & facets
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 02:54:08 GMT
Hi there,
We recently changed a field from TextField no docValues to
SortableTextField which has docValues enabled by default. Once we did this
we do not see any facet values for the field. I know that once all the docs
are re-indexed facets should work again, however can someone clarify the
current logic of lucene how facets will be computed when schema is changed
from no docValues to docValues and vice-versa?

1. Until ALL the docs are re-indexed, no facets will be returned?
2. Once certain fraction of docs/segments are re-indexed, those facets will
be returned?
3. Something else?

Thanks