lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Atri Sharma <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene FuzzyQuery
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2019 18:02:49 GMT
Is your FuzzyQuery matching any documents at all?

It would be helpful if you could post your entire query. It might be
happening that your Fuzzy query is not matching any hits, but when you
specify it as a MUST clause, then it becomes a necessary condition for
any hit to be returned by your overall query. However, with MUST
clause, that restriction is lifted.

Can you try running the FuzzyQuery independently (outside the
BooleanQuery) and see if you get any hits?

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 11:27 PM <baris.kazar@oracle.com> wrote:

> May i ask this question about FuzzyQuery?
>
> When i select BooleanClause.Occur.MUST for a FuzzyQuery i dont get any
> results back but with
>
> Occur.SHOULD i get some results, though.
>
> what is the meaning of Occur.MUST for FuzzyQuery?
>
> I want Lucene to give me best result from FuzzyQuery, i thought that is
> good use for Occur.MUST.
>
> Best regards

Regards,

Atri