lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Split package in Lucene 8.2.0
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2019 15:28:46 GMT
Hi,

this issue is known and cannot be solved by just patching lucene, it affects the whole lucene
infrastrcuture. A change on this would break almost any app out there so it needs to be done
on a major release.

In addition, as Lucene uses SPI / service loaders, auto-modules don't works anyways, so you
have to pack all of lucene into one module. The current recommendation is to do this on packaging.
Some time in the future we will modularize Lucene, but that’s not a big priority yet. When
this is done, also the plugin/service loading mechanism needs module-info.class files.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen