lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Roland Käser <roland.kae...@ziil.ch>
Subject Beginner Question: Tokenized and full phrase
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2019 08:38:23 GMT
Hallo

We use Lucene to index POJO's which are stored in the database.
The index primarily contains text fields.

After some work with lucene I came across a strange restriction.
I can only assign string or text fields to the document to be indexed.
One only indexes the whole string, the other only the single words or tokens.
This results in the query finding only single words or the whole text, depending on the field
type used.
But we would need both, the search should find the whole text as well as single words.
Even after a long analysis of the documentation and partly of the source code,
I'm not sure how to achieve that in a clean way.
Could someone give me a tip on how to do this?

Thanks

Roland