lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Cadé <philippe.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Split package in Lucene 8.2.0
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2019 12:11:17 GMT
Dear all,

We are working on getting rid of all split packages in our product and our
dependencies. We have included Lucene 8.2.0 and noticed that both the
lucene-core-8.2.0.jar and lucene-analyzers-common-8.2.0.jar files use the
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard package. This is not allowed anymore
since Java 9 and it will create trouble with a modularized application.

We are using the jsplitpkgscan project [1] to find those split packages.

I was going to open a JIRA issue for this but JIRA tells me that I need to
ask on the mailing list first, so here you go.

Correcting this is most likely just moving classes in distinct packages
which should not be too complex.

Philippe

[1] https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/jsplitpkgscan